The Mohu Leaf l is the antenna that started it all for me.

I was so sick of paying my high DirecTV bill, and since I was already on a month-to-month contract with them, I knew I had to make the switch to a string cutters lifestyle ASAP. It wasn't considering I needed to salve the money… it was because my family really didn't apply the channels DirecTV gave us. We are a big Netflix household, and we rarely tuned the Goggle box to DirecTV. And to make matters worse, my cable bill was $88 just for Television set (excluding internet)… no thanks. Something needed to modify.

I did extensive research online: on Amazon and anywhere else I could discover DTV antenna recommendations. (To be honest, there was no good place to do that, and so I decided to build this site.)

Update: December 2016

While doing this research on Amazon earlier this year, I came to realize that at that place were A LOT offoliage antennas out there. They all look the same with the square "leaf" part with a coaxial cable that connects information technology to the Goggle box. All the same, afterwards having my Mohu Leafage for almost a yr and reviewing quite a bit of other antennas, I realize now that all leaf (otherwise known as thin and apartment) antennas are created equal. The Mohu Leaf 50 has outperformed every single antenna that has come up through my door since then.

Every. Single. 1.

Yous can go on reading my review beneath for more than information, or you can simply hop over to Amazon and buy the Mohu Leaf 50 now. No other Hard disk antenna is worth your time.

Setup

Afterwards all my online research, I decided to purchase the Mohu Leaf fifty. It came in its "frustration-free packaging", which I estimate was nice, but really just looked like a clear plastic bag that wasn't sealed close by a hot press. It came with essentially three parts: the white "leaf" antenna part, the amplifier/power part and the coaxial cablevision.

Installation was a cakewalk (they even had tags on the cables to tell you where they go… nice!). I decided that I was going to hang it directly to a higher place the Goggle box, so I tacked it up there in my drywall with the two thumbtacks they nicely provided. The amplifier screwed easily into the antenna, and the coaxial cablevision then screwed easily into the amplifier. Cypher special about this, only information technology was piece of cake. A couple coaxial connections, plug information technology in and voila!

The next footstep was to program the TV to search for channels bachelor through the antenna. How to do this is entirely dependent to the blazon of Tv you lot accept, just I but needed to go toSetup -> Tv set -> Browse for channels. After scanning for about 5 minutes, information technology said it had found 28 channels, which included the major channels that NoCable said information technology would. 🙂

Aesthetics

The Mohu Foliage 50 has been the smallest leaf antenna I accept reviewed thus far. It is about ii inches less in its height and width than the other leading brands. This makes a huge departure when you are trying to hide information technology, merely it did not hamper the reception of whatsoever channels.

Well, I gauge for a leaf antenna, it looks fine. Actually, probably ameliorate than "fine", only I am not in love with having an antenna tacked upward on my wall. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't exactly happy with having this on my roof either:

Performance

I bought this antenna in Jan 2016, and accept had admittedly no bug with it yet. Pelting or snow, the thing merely works. I'thousand sure this has something to do with where I have it hung, but I am nigh 50 miles away from the closest channel broadcast heart, and I take no trouble what-so-ever. And if yous are not familiar, Western PA is quite hilly… and that hasn't affected this antenna at all.

Update: Jan 2017

Well, it finally happened. I was watching a Pittsburgh Steelers game a couple Dominicus'due south agone and the reception started getting choppy. Freezing. Pausing. Blank TV screen… information technology was the worst possible time for this to accept happened (right in the middle of a game).

To exist fair, there was a decent amount of snow falling that twenty-four hour period, but there were no leaves on the trees at all. I checked all the connections between the Mohu Leafage and my Samsung TV, and made sure they were tight. During a commercial intermission I went through and re-scanned for channels. Afterwards nigh 5 minutes of scanning, CBS came dorsum online and I had much better reception.

I am non certain what caused it, but I did read on Mohu'south website that you should consider re-scanning for OTA channels once a month. Well, I did it once all of last yr, and information technology seemed to take fixed the issue. Clear reception ever since.